Overview / Q&A
What is the South Maui Community Plan?
The South Maui Community Plan provides guidance on future development and revitalization in South Maui. It will guide what future growth should look like and provides recommendations for future transportation systems, parks, greenways and infrastructure. The Plan will help bring to life the community’s vision for the future of South Maui.
Why does it need to be updated?
The planning period for community plans is 20 years. The South Maui Community Plan was last updated in 1998. The Plan is due for an update in order to …
- Reflect current and anticipated condition in South Maui,
- Address area-specific challenges and opportunities, and
- Include your voice.
How is it used?
The County will use the South Maui Community Plan as a guide for …
- Developing annual and capital improvement program budgets,
- Reviewing proposed development projects,
- Updating the zoning ordinance and other regulation, and
- Establishing new programs impacting the South Maui area.
How does it relate to me?
The South Maui Community Plan will shape future growth and the character of future development within towns and neighborhoods. I will guide the development and revitalization of the areas where you lie, work, shop and play. This is an opportunity for you to have your voice heard and influence the future vision of your community!